Before comparison, you need to know what is an air fryer and instant pot then you can get to about air fryer vs instant pot, and how do they work. Let’s jump on this.
- 1 What Is An Air Fryer
- 2 Features Of Air Fryer
- 3 How Does Air Fryer Work
- 4 Best Air Fryer
- 5 What We Can Cook In Air Fryer
- 6 Is Air Fryer Cooking Is Healthy
- 7 Pros And Cons Of Air Fryer
- 8 What Is Instant Pot?
- 9 How Does An Instant Pot Work
- 10 Pros And Cons Of Instant Pot
- 11 Air Fryer VS Instant Pot? Which One You Should Go For?
What Is An Air Fryer
The air fryer can consider with a combination of air-frying and baking. An air fryer is a significantly exhilarated countertop convection oven.
This kitchen appliance is a game-changing product. It has surged in popularity over the last few years. Near about 40% of U.S. families have at least one air fryer in their homes.
All kinds of foods whether it’s frozen or instant made you can air fry with a very minimal amount of oil. So, it sounds healthy also.
The better part of an air fryer is it consumes very little amount of oil. Now we’ll talk about how does air fryer works, its features, and its specification.
Features Of Air Fryer
An air fryer is not actually a deep fryer. Air-fried foods are not chunky and oily. Its frying method is like oven fry or baking.
Basically, it has an air-tight chamber which creates hot and pressure to the food to cook. It cooks faster and distributes the heat more evenly among the food.
How Does Air Fryer Work
If you want to know how does air fryer operates, first read the manual and user guide and follow the instructions given in them.
By following the instruction, have a trial. You’ll understand the function and cooking method of the air fryer.
This is how the air fryer works.
- Take the air fryer tray or bucket and put your food in it. Depending on the size of air fryer, place an adequate amount of food.
- Set timer and temperature. Do short research about what food needs what temperature. Be careful in terms of setting time and temperature. The standard time is 5 to 25 minutes and the standard temperature is 350° to 400°F.
- Start the air fryer and wait until the food cook. Sometimes, you might have to flip or turn the food halfway in the middle of the cooking time to make it evenly cooked, boiled, and crisp.
Best Air Fryer
So many electronic brands are launching their own air fryer. You need to choose the best one according to budget, quality, and features.
These are the three high quality and budget-friendly air fryers we are suggesting to you:
Till now, these three air fryers are hot selling in the market for its strong durability, high electric resonance, and long-term service.
What We Can Cook In Air Fryer
The air fryer has multi-purpose uses. There are numerous types of air fryer recipes. All of them are very delicious and quick cooking.
Read More: How to Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer
- Roast vegetables.
- Cook chicken, fish, the meat of beef items.
- Cook frozen foods.
- Make cookies
- Roast nuts
- Reheat cooked items etc.
Is Air Fryer Cooking Is Healthy
Undoubtedly, air-fried food is healthier than deep-fried food. Because the air fryer consumes a very little amount of oils. It has lower calories than deep-fried food.
Where an air fryer avails 4 to 6 grams of calories, the deep-fried food avails a minimum of 17 calories in the same quantity of food.
Pros And Cons Of Air Fryer
The air fryer can consider as an instant cooker as it can cook frozen food without any hassle in a very short time. The best thing is air fried food is much healthier than deep-fried as it consumes less amount of oils.
Because air frying, it keeps your kitchen-free home excessively hot and smoke.
No matter how much big air fryer you buy, it has a minimal capacity. So, you’ll have to cook in batches. So, it can be a bit time-consuming when you’re cooking for a large member.
Some people consider it on the expensive side. They consider cooking in mud make the pan is way healthier and money-saving from air fryers.
Also Read: How to Use a Keurig
Now let’s talk about instant pot.
What Is Instant Pot?
Instant pot can be considered with an electric pressure cooker.
A pressure cooker works by heating an area under a tight seal. With this method, the temperature is much higher than the boiling point of water. The steam gets stuck in the container and cooks the food.
Steam cooks food much more quickly and perfectly than the traditional stove or oven cooking.
The same thing goes for a steam cooker but converts it into an electric way.
Instant pot is preferable for a steamed cook like steamed rice, vegetable, chicken, etc.
Now we’ll know how the instant pot works and what are features they have and its specifications.
How Does An Instant Pot Work
To know how the instant pot work, you need to know how to use this.
Let’s know how to use an air fryer. Using instant pot depends on what you are cooking. Suppose you’re cooking any meat item. See the procedure of it.
- Set the instant pot and plug it in. Add oil or other oil like ghee, butter, Peanut butter whatever you prefer. Add something aromatic like garlic or onion. Let it cook until it gets brown.
- Drop mutton, biff, or chicken and let it be brown.
- Tap on the cancel button. Now tap manual and hit again to go to high-pressure mode. The pressure depends on the food you are cooking.
- Use the plus and minus buttons to customize the timer.
- Place the lid or the upper part cover on the Instant Pot and lock properly.
- Be careful to put the valve built into the lid. It should be at the Sealing point.
- When the air-tight area of the Instant Pot increases adequate pressure, the red button will pop up. Generally, the cooking time starts from here.
The above steps can take different times depending on the food inside the instant pot.
- Pressure release: When you’re cooking is done, there remains one more step which is pressure release. There are two types of pressure release.
- Natural pressure release: In natural pressure release, the valve on the lid stays in the Sealing point and the pressure is dispatched naturally by the time. This can take near about 20 minutes to an hour. It depends on what you are cooking.
- Meals with a liquid form like soup or chili take much time to release natural pressure more than hardened meals.
- Manual pressure release: Now, come to the manual pressure release. Depending on the venting position, the steam shoots out from the instant pot. It usually takes 15 minutes to release.
Don’t make these mistakes while using instant pot:
- Cook frozen food.
- Transform slow cooker recipes.
- Misconceptions about the “real” cooking times.
Also Read: How To Clean A Cuisinart Coffee Maker
Pros And Cons Of Instant Pot
- It has versatile names like rice cooker, slow cooker, pressure cooker, etc., etc.
- Saves time.
- Keep your food warm for a long time after cooking.
- Useful for making big batches of food.
- Bulky in size. Takes a specious corner of the kitchen.
- Some models are expensive.
- Difficult to clean.
- So many steps. Somebody can forget any step while hurry and overcook the food.
Air Fryer VS Instant Pot? Which One You Should Go For?
Now let’s talk about which one should you take?
Well, the choice mostly depends on your eating habit.
- You should go for an air fryer if you want crispy and fried food. If you want to have steamed or soft foods, you have to take the instant pot.
- When we talk about health benefits, it depends on what you are eating and what you’re using in your cooking. In this case, the air fryer will win. Because the air fried food is healthier than an instant pot made food. Because there is no chance to put extra oil in an air fryer. If we want we can add extra oil to an instant pot to cook foods.
- Instant pot and air fryers vary in price according to the model, brand, and size. Both of their prices are considered equal.
- In terms of function, using an air fryer is easier than using an instant pot. The instant pot takes more time than the air fryer and it goes through so many steps to cook.
See your requirements in them and choose the best one for you.