Dogs are considered as man’s best friends because of their utmost loyalty and charming presence. People all over the world adore dogs for their cute appearance and charming nature. There are various breeds of dogs prevalent around the world. You can even find dogs that look like bears!
While having a pet dog sounds fun, taking care of it properly is equally tricky. If you are wondering – can dogs have vanilla ice cream? Yes! Dogs can have vanilla ice cream as long as you moderate the amount.
Why Dogs Are the Best Pet
Dogs are undoubtedly the best option if you want to bring home a pet. They are not only cute but also can help to keep your home safe. Dogs can alert you if any stranger trespasses your house. Their loyalty and keen senses make them the best pets to have around. Dogs can also help reduce the stress your stress by simply being around you! People who have pet dogs are likely to be happier!
What To Feed Your Dog?
To make sure your pet dog leads a healthy life, you need to feed him nutritious food in the right amount! You can prepare homemade dog food or resort to store-bought ones.
- Homemade Dog Food: Preparing food for your puppy at home allows you to control the elements and quantity. You can mix brown rice, vegetables, fish, spinach to make a delicious meal for your dog. Some people wonder “Is tuna good for dogs?”, “Can dogs eat steak?” – dogs can have tuna in moderated amounts and steak is an excellent treat for any breed of dogs!
- Store-bought Dog Food:If you think preparing homemade dog food is too much of a hassle, you can buy it from stores or order online! Some of the best dog food brands are – Royal Canin, ORIJEN, Blue Buffalo, etc. These dog foods contain the right amounts of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, fats, and water protein required for your dog!
Human Foods that are Safe For Dogs
Some human foods are not only safe for dogs but also can provide them with essential nutrients. If your dog is sick or has an upset stomach, some human foods can help it to feel better!
- Apples: Apples are rich in vitamins A and C which are essential for dogs. Apples also contain a good amount of fiber which can improve your dog’s digestion. Make sure to feed it fresh apples to prevent any health issues. An apple a day keeps the vet away!
- Dairy Products: Cheese, milk, and plain yogurt are safe for dogs if you keep the quantity minimal. Some ask “Can dogs have vanilla ice cream?” Dogs can have plain vanilla ice cream in small amounts. If a dog is lactose intolerant, avoid giving it any kind of dairy product.
- Carrots: Carrots are a very healthy option for dogs. Chewing on carrots can improve their dental health efficiently. Carrots are also rich in vitamin A which is essential for a dog’s immune system, skin, and fur. But make sure to feed carrots to your dog in moderate amounts!
- Chicken: Boiled chicken with no or minimal seasoning can be a tasty treat for your pet!
- Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in antioxidants and can greatly help your dog’s age-related issues!
Can Dogs Have Vanilla Ice Cream?
A frequently asked question is “Can dogs have vanilla ice cream?” And the answer to that question is – Yes, dogs can have vanilla ice cream in minimal amounts. You can give your precious dog a lick or two of your vanilla ice cream but no more than that should be allowed.
Read Also: Can Dogs Eat Steak?
Why Is Ice Cream Harmful To Dogs?
- Ice cream often contains chocolate or caffeine as flavors that are toxic for dogs. Chocolate and caffeine contain chemicals that can prove to be poisonous for dogs. Chocolate toxicity can lead to vomiting, diarrhea, lack of coordination, hyperactivity, seizures, and even death.
- If the ice cream contains nuts, avoid giving it to your dog. Macadamia nuts can cause lethargy, vomiting, limb weakness, etc. Nuts may also cause your dog to choke.
- Sugar-free ice creams are incredibly harmful to dogs as they contain xylitol. Xylitol can create a severe drop in blood sugar levels and cause many health issues for your dog.
- Vanilla ice cream can be fed to dogs in little amounts but you should still be cautious. Ice cream contains lactose and too much of it can cause your dog digestion problems. Many dogs are lactose intolerant and ice cream can cause them a dangerous health hazard.
How to Feed Your Dog Ice Cream Safely
- Make sure the dish doesn’t contain chocolate toppings or caffeine flavor.
- Always avoid giving your dog sugar-free ice cream as it may contain xylitol.
- Check if the ice cream contains macadamia or any other kind of nuts and avoid it if found.
- Always feed ice cream to your dog in a tiny amount. Let it have a lick or two as a treat!
Read Also: Can Dogs Be Gay
Foods To Avoid For Dogs
- Cherries: Cherry pits contain cyanide which is toxic and can cause your severe health hazard. Your dog can even choke on cherry because of the size!
- Avocado: Avocados have a substance called persin that can cause your dog vomiting and diarrhea.
- Raisins and Grapes: Raisins, grapes, currants are highly toxic for dogs and can cause kidney failure or even death.
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits contain citric acid and too much of it can give your dog an upset stomach. If consumed in large quantities, it can even lead to nervous system issues!
Various foods are appetizing to you but can cause dangerous health issues for your dog. So always do your research well before feeding your dog!
Having a dog as a pet is undoubtedly a wonderful experience. But always remember that ensuring your dog’s healthy life is your responsibility. Before getting a dog, do good research on how to feed and raise it. Dogs are sentient beings and require proper care, just like humans! Feed your dog nutritious food in the correct amount, take him out on a walk regularly and let it know it’s loved!