Cleaning bath toys every once in a while can improve your bathroom hygiene and it’s not even much of a hassle to clean them. Mold can form on your children’s bath toys, just like it can on shower walls. They also come into contact with microorganisms floating in the bathwater, which could cause disease in your children. Follow our cleaning instructions to keep bath toys clean and mold-free. Cleaning bath toys is as important as cleaning your bathroom sink, or your overall bathroom décor. How to clean bath toys? You can use different washing machines in different methods, also you can wash them by hand. We will explain every procedure so you can easily assess and choose.
Why are bath toys needed
Baths are disliked by some children for no apparent reason. Or they are afraid of water. Alternatively, they may simply refuse to obey fundamental human hygiene rules and relish in their dirt. If you’re dealing with any of these issues, you’ll want to stock up on bath toys. Choose ones that are created from a single piece of silicone, rubber, or plastic and do not have any holes to prevent water from becoming trapped within. Because trapped water can lead to mold, which you definitely don’t want.
Even if you get the most luxurious bath toys, you must wash them. Bath toys should be cleaned once a week, according to experts. Thus you must buy bath toys with keeping in mind that you need to maintain the hygiene of the toys as well.
Why are molds dangerous?
When mold is ingested, it may be quite dangerous. If you suspect your child may have ingested any moldy bath water, don’t worry; it’s unlikely that it was enough to make him sick that’s why you need to know how to clean bath toys.
If the youngster is affected by the mold, he or she will most likely have vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach pains.
If your child has a mold allergy or has a weakened immune system, mold becomes a greater worry. If you see a rash or symptoms like coughing or itching eyes, you’ll know your kid is allergic so you should know how to clean bath toys. If your kid has mold sensitivity, you should see your pediatrician as soon as possible to develop a treatment plan.
How to prevent mold growth?
Cleaning the bath toys can be hassle-free if you don’t let the mold grow rapidly in the first place. The prevention can lead you to have healthier, mold-free bath toys, also you don’t have to worry about how to clean bath toys that frequently.
Squeeze as much water out of the toys as possible on how to clean bath toys after each bath. Place them at the tub’s edge or anywhere else where they will dry fast. After a bath, turn on the bathroom exhaust fan for 15 to 20 minutes to remove moisture from the room and help the toys dry even faster.
Mold thrives in bath toys, which are one of the most common places for it to grow. It’s entertaining to squirt water from tiny holes in rubber toys, but moisture gets trapped inside and mold grows. This means that the next time you use this toy in the bath, mold spores will be present in the water. If the prospect of this disgusts you, use a dab of hot glue to patch the holes in bath toys.
How to clean bath toys
There are various ways in which you can clean your bath toys. Here are some of the ways you can consider for how to clean bath toys:
- Cleaning in a dishwasher: Place the toys on the top rack to prevent them from melting or becoming deformedon how to clean bath toys. If your dishwasher has one, use the sanitize setting. When you’re finished, make sure they’re completely dry.
- Cleaning in a washing machine: Put your hard bath toys in a lingerie bag and toss them in the washing machine with laundry detergent and a couple towels to keep them from making too much noise during the spin cycle. After the wash cycle is completed, thoroughly dry the toys.
- Cleaning with vinegar: Soak the toys in a solution of a gallon of water and 12 cups of white vinegar for 10 minutes. Scrub the toys with a sponge or cloth dipped in the sol0 ution. Mold may also be removed from nooks and crannies using a toothbrush. Clean the toys by rinsing and drying them.
- By heating: When you sterilize bath toys, you’re utilizing high heat to eliminate disease-causing bacteria on how to clean bath toys. Running the toys through the dishwasher is the simplest method to accomplish this at home. Place them on the top shelf, where the heat is less strong, to avoid damage. If you’re worried about little toys slipping out of the dishwasher, put them in a mesh lingerie bag first. Run a cycle with only the toys inside using standard dishwashing detergent.
- With Bleach: Consider using bleach for a more thorough cleaning on how to clean bath toys. The trick is to use a solution that is strong enough to kill bacteria and viruses but not so strong that it leaves harmful bleach residue on bath toys that your youngster is likely to chew on. We recommend using 1 tablespoon of bleach per gallon of water to achieve the ideal balance. In a bucket, combine the ingredients and soak the bath toys. Allow for a 10-minute soak time. The toys should then be carefully rinsed with tap water and allowed to air dry.
- With hydrogen peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide (3%) is non-toxic, antifungal, and mold-resistant. This makes it a convenient way to clean hard bath toys. Spray the bath toys with a 50/50 mix of water and hydrogen peroxide and wait 10 minutes before washing and drying.
- With tea-tree oil: Tea tree oil, which is antibacterial and antifungal, is a unique approach to clean bath toys. Mix approximately 10 drops in a quart of water, spray the toys with it, then wipe dry.
- With straight vodka: Vodka, as weird as it may seem, is a natural disinfectant. So, fill a spray bottle with pure vodka, spritz it on the bath toys, wipe away any residue with a towel, rinse, and wipe dry.
- By boiling: Bring a big saucepan of water to a rolling boil for how to clean bath toys. Toss in some bath toys. Bring them to a boil for 1-2 minutes. It’s worth noting that most plastics won’t melt in hot water. Remove the toys from the water with tongs and press out any retained air. Allow them to air dry.
You must be clear by now about how to clean bath toys. Just choose the perfect method for you that mensionded Authority lifestyle, then a little maintenance regularly can keep your bath toys free from mold.