If you are craving for a milkshake but do not know how to make a milkshake without a blender? Or, you might not have any access to a blender or a milkshake machine? You need not to be concerned. Even if you don’t have one, you can make a delicious milkshake in moments. In a big stirring bowl, in a glass, or maybe even in a cocktail mixer, you can combine all of your ingredients and make a delicious one.
A milkshake is easy to make; you will only require few ingredients; however, do you have the idea of the right proportions? Drinking a milkshake that is nearer to the texture of a smoothie or a milkshake that is so dense that you cannot pull it through the straws which may turn out to be a bit frustrating.
These milkshakes are rich, smooth, and so delicious that you will want to finish them all. Here is how to make a milkshake without a blender, which is a great treat at any time of year. You will only require few ingredients, and you may make it any way you want with as much toppings as you want.
- 1 How to Make a Milkshake Without a Blender
- 1.1 Required Ingredients
- 1.2 Procedure 1: How to Make A Milkshake Without A Blender? (In a Lidded Container)
- 1.2.1 Get A Cocktail Shaker Or A Large Sized Tupperware Pitcher With A Lid
- 1.2.2 Fill Up Your Container With Ice Cream
- 1.2.3 Pour In The Milk
- 1.2.4 Any Additional Ingredients Can Be Added Now
- 1.2.5 Using A Spoon, Smash And Mix All The Ingredients
- 1.2.6 Shake The Container Or Mixer
- 1.2.7 Rejoice In Your Milkshake
- 1.3 Procedure 2: Making a Milkshake in a Bowl
- 2 Additional Advice for Preparing This Drink
How to Make a Milkshake Without a Blender
- Whole Milk
- Sugar (depending on required amount of sweetness)
- Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Sprinkles, Cherries, Chocolate Chips etc. for toppings (Optional)
- Flavoring: Strawberry Essence, Cocoa Powder, etc. (Optional)
Procedure 1: How to Make A Milkshake Without A Blender? (In a Lidded Container)
Get A Cocktail Shaker Or A Large Sized Tupperware Pitcher With A Lid
If you do not have an electric blender, you may combine your milkshake components in a jar with a cover or a cocktail shaker.
- For stirring and preserving any remaining milkshake, pick a jar with a lid. If you have one, you may also use a big lidded container like a mason jar or a blender jar.
- A drink shaker can also be used to make something similar to a shake.
- If you’re going to use a container with a circular whisk to combine your components, make sure to mix milk powder initially. After that, combine your ice cream.
Fill Up Your Container With Ice Cream
You might want to use a softer ice cream as you do not have any blender. Hence, your milkshake will be fuzzy if you use light ice cream, on the other hand you will get a creamy texture if you use denser ice cream. However, it will be more difficult to prepare a milkshake with thicker ice cream.
- Allowing the ice cream to rest at room temperature for about 10 to 15 minutes or warming it for around 20 seconds in the microwave can make scooping and mixing it simpler.
- Instead of using ice cream, you might also use sorbet or chilled yogurt.
- Making one with homemade ice-cream will make it taste excellent and is often simpler to prepare.
Pour In The Milk
Put your milk over the ice cream in your container. A proportion of around one part milk to three parts ice cream is mostly ideal.
- The richer the milk, just like the ice cream, the creamier the texture of the milkshake will be.
- If you’re using a powder, such as protein powder or barley powder, you should combine it with the milk first.
- Use a water bottle with a circular whisk to mix together the milk and the powder.
Any Additional Ingredients Can Be Added Now
- You may add any fruit or sweets of your choice at the top of milk and ice cream. You may also add essence of your choice; for instance, strawberry essence or cocoa powder.
- If you’re using fruit or candy bits, mix them up in a dish or with a grinder before putting them in your container. This makes it easy to incorporate into your milkshake.
Using A Spoon, Smash And Mix All The Ingredients
- Grab a spoon and combine your ingredients well before shaking your milkshake to obtain a wonderful frothy consistency.
- You may equally spread your components and melt the ice cream by smashing and swirling with a spoon.
- Stop swirling and mashing until there are no more ice cream clumps and the consistency is uniform.
Also Read: How To Use A Magic Bullet? Pro Tips In 2022
Shake The Container Or Mixer
- Shake the container vigorously to thoroughly combine ice cream, milk and flavoring.
- Spin the container briskly, as if you were making a cocktail. Hold your container from the tip and base and toss around in back-and-forth motion.
- Toss the container for around 15 seconds. You can toss the mixture again if it’s still too firm.
Rejoice In Your Milkshake
- Take off the lid, put a straw, and give it a sample taste once you have shaken all it up.
- Add another scoop of ice cream if your milkshake is too runny.
- If it is too thick, add a little more milk and mix it again.
- Pick a spoon or a straw and relish your shake when you’re done.
Procedure 2: Making a Milkshake in a Bowl
Take A Large Mixing Dish
- The question of “how to make a milkshake without a blender?” also gets solved in this section. You will need a big bowl to combine and mix all of your components altogether as you have not got a blender to whisk your milkshake together.
- On the other hand, if you do not have any blender, you may also use a food processor or an electric mixer instead.
- Again, if you do not have access to any sort of electric mixer, a handheld whisk will suffice.
Place Your Ice Cream In The Bowl
- As we have mentioned earlier that your milkshake will be fuzzy with lighter ice creams, and creamier with more denser ice creams.
- If you are choosing a flavor with candy shards, set it out for a few minutes longer in order to make a better mixing with the ice cream.
- Allowing the ice cream to rest at room temperature for about 10 to 20 minutes or even warming it in the oven for around 20 seconds can make it simpler to scoop and blend.
- You do not need to wait as long if you’re using sherbet or chilled yogurt instead of ice cream as it will be gentler.
Pour Milk Over The Ice Cream In The Mixing Bowl
- A proportion of around one part milk to three parts ice cream would be ideal.
- The richer the milk, just like the ice cream, the texture of the milkshake will be much creamier.
- If you would like to combine any powder with the milk, you might mix it beforehand. For instance, barley powder or protein powder, you might mix it with the milk separately as it is simpler to dissolve any powder with the milk beforehand than it would be to try so after it’s in your bowl.
- If you have a flask with a circular whisk, use it; otherwise, mix with a spoon or a fork.
Combine The Ingredients In A Mixing Bowl.
- Based on what texture of you would like to get in your milkshake, you have numerous alternatives for combining your components altogether.
- You may also use a fork, spoon or even a masher to mix anything that is chunkier.
- If you have got a hand whisk, you may use it to stir the mixture in order to get a smoother texture.
- Alternatively, an electric mixer will work great incase of combining your ingredients in a similar manner to cake mixture.
Check To See Whether The Texture Is Correct
- Grab a spoon and take a sample test to see whether the thickness is to your preference.
- You may want to make it more light by adding a bit milk or even thicken it with extra ice cream.
Fill Your Glass With The Milkshake
- In this manner, your milkshake won’t dissolve, flatten down, or become runny while you’re drinking it.
- You may keep your glass in the refrigerator while you combine all your components together if you would like your milkshake to be particularly frosty.
- If preferred, add a swirl of whipped cream on the top and a straw.
- You have completed the task! Now sit back and relax.
** Did you also know that you can make your preferred ice cream with a blender using this exact recipe? You should definitely give this a try. **
Additional Advice for Preparing This Drink
In order to make a milkshake without a blender you may use heavy cream instead of milk to turn this milkshake extra creamier. If you’re going to buy ice cream, ensure that it is 100 percent dairy ice cream. Because they’re created with veg oils, some ice creams are branded as frozen sweets. Keep your drinks in the refrigerator ahead of time to keep your milkshake colder for extended period of time.
If you enjoy this trick and want to get more exciting hecks then please visit here.