Dogs are undoubtedly the best pet to have if you are looking for an adorable and loyal companion who will also keep your home safe. People adore dogs for their cute appearance, there are even dogs that look like bears!
Before bringing in a pet dog, you should know what you can feed him and what is harmful to his health. One of the most frequently asked questions is “Is tuna good for dogs?” To answer your question, tuna isn’t harmful to dogs as long as you feed it to them in a tiny amount.
The Convenience of Having a Pet Dog:
Dogs are considered the best pets to have as they are known for their honest companionship and keen senses. A dog is always loyal to its owner and will always protect him. Because of their loyalty, dogs are also called man’s best friends. Dogs also play a vital role in reducing stress levels in people around them. Having a dog around can undoubtedly help you lead a healthier and happier life!
Best Food for Dogs:
While having a pet dog may sound fun, looking after it properly is also important. To ensure your dog’s healthy life, you need to make sure to feed him nutritious food. You can feed your dog with store-bought dog food or prepare its meal yourself.
- Store-bought Dogfood: There are various brands available that offer you nutritious dog food at an affordable price. Some of the common brands are – Royal Canin, ORIJEN, Blue Buffalo, Wellness Pet Food, Purina, etc.
These dog foods contain the right amount of carbohydrates, water proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals. Some dog foods may contain blends of meat, fish, corn gluten, soybean, etc.
- Homemade Food for Dogs: You can prepare food for your dog at home by using different nutritious ingredients, such as – fish, meat, spinach. Brown rice and more! People often ask “Can dog eat steak?”, cooked or raw steak is an excellent treat for dogs and it is also rich in nutritious value! You may also wonder “Is tuna good for dogs?” Tuna should be given to dogs only in small amounts.
Human Foods That Dog Can Have:
Some human foods are not only safe for dogs but also can provide them with essential nutrients. Here are some of the human foods that you can feed your dog:
- White Rice: Cooked white rice is a great choice for your dog if it has an upset stomach. It is easily digestible and contains enough carbohydrates. But dogs with diabetes should have it in tiny amounts.
- Chicken: You can feed your dog boiled chicken with no added spices. This will satisfy its requirements without causing any harm to the digestive system.
- Blueberries: This is an excellent food item to feed your dog. Blueberries are rich in fiber and antioxidants. Feeding your dog blueberries can help to reduce its age-related issues!
- Bananas: Since bananas are rich in sugar, you should feed your dog a small amount of them. Bananas have a high magnesium count which will help to strengthen your dog’s bone health!
- Cucumbers: Rich in vitamins and minerals, cucumbers are a great option for dogs. Since cucumbers are low in calories and contain a good amount of water, they can also help overweight dogs!
Many human foods are nutritious for dogs if provided in a moderate amount. Do your research and ensure good health for your dog!
Is Tuna Good For Dogs?
Fish is a great food option for dogs as it is rich in protein and can help improve their health to a large extent. But there are some moderations that you should maintain. Tuna is safe and nutritious for dogs only if you feed it to them in small amounts. Tuna contains mercury content which can prove to be harmful to dogs if they consume it excessively.
Since dogs have a lower tolerance than humans, you should be extra careful while feeding your pets. High mercury content can be poisonous for your precious dog. This may cause your pet to lose hair, have vision problems, and lack coordination. Mercury poisoning may even cause vomiting or diarrhea. If you observe any of these symptoms in your dog, get it checked immediately!
If you are feeding your dog canned tuna, make sure the fish is packed in plain water and not oil. Cooked tuna can be a great option if you avoid heavy seasoning and butter. Raw tuna should be carefully picked as tit might have intestinal parasites. Always double-check the tuna before serving it to your dog!
Tuna has many health benefits as it is enriched with vitamins and minerals. Tuna is a great source of potassium, magnesium, selenium, vitamin B, etc. If consumed properly, it can improve your dog’s immune system and help him lead a healthier life!
Foods that You Should Avoid for Dogs:
Some foods can cause harm to your adorable puppy and so you should always be careful!
- Chocolate: Chocolate might be highly appetizing to humans but it can cause many health issues for dogs. Chocolate and caffeine contain chemicals that are alarmingly toxic for dogs and may even cause death.
- Cherries: Cherry pits are full of cyanide which is toxic for dogs and may also cause choking if swallowed.
- Nuts: Nuts might sound like a nutritious food element but they can prove to be poisonous for dogs. Nuts might also cause dogs to choke.
- Ice Cream: You should normally avoid ice cream as some dogs might be lactose intolerant. Ice cream is also high in sugar which is bad for dogs. But dogs can have vanilla ice cream in very small amounts!
Dogs are wonderful animals and very fun to have around. They help to ensure our safety and keep the environment cheerful. But dogs are also vulnerable beings and require proper care as humans do. Always do your research before getting a dog because raising it might be a hassle if you don’t know enough. Know what foods you should avoid and what are the best options for your pet. To ensure your dog’s healthy life, feed it safe and nutritious food!