Coffee is one of the most widely preferred beverages all over the world. With numerous available variations, this caffeinated drink can surely make your day better!
Due to high demand and versatile taste, the coffee industry has become one of the highly profitable ones. There are uncountable options you can choose from, starting from an espresso to a cold brew or an iced coffee.
If you’re wondering what a mocha is, this article is recommended for you!
Coffee and its Variations
The difference in Coffee Beans:
- Arabica: The most prevalent and high on demand beans. These are famous for their naturally sweet taste and intense flavor. But this kind is prone to disease and so is quite difficult to produce. Nevertheless, it is available all over the world. If stored properly, these coffee beans can last for a long time.
- Robusta: The second most popular beans. As the name suggests, this kind is resistant to disease and so it is easier to produce. The beans have a strong flavor and contain a high amount of caffeine. The harsh and bitter taste is perfect for an espresso shot or a black coffee.
- Liberica: Famous for its unusual exotic taste, these beans are slightly less available than the previous two kinds. Initially found in Malaysia and the Philippines, this type of beans is now found all over the world.
Various Types of Coffee Roasts: The difference in taste and flavor depends heavily on how the beans have been roasted:
- Light Roast: Perfect for any coffee drink, holds a good amount of caffeine and acidic flavor.
- Medium Roast: Carries a more neutral flavor with perfect aroma and taste. The nutty hint will make your coffee taste exquisite!
- Dark Roast: Takes slightly longer than the previous two types. Contains low caffeine and a hint of spicy flavor.
- Extra Dark Roast: Requires the most time to be done. Embodies a bitter and burnt taste. Perfect for strong drinks, such as – an espresso shot.
What Is A Mocha
Mocha is a delectable coffee beverage made with a specific kind of coffee beans. Mocha, a variation of Arabica coffee beans, originated from Yemen.
This particular bean gives the drink an exceptional taste and flavor. This drink is made with espresso, steamed milk, and chocolate ingredients.
If you want to know the process of making this exceptional beverage, keep reading!
Read Also: How Long Do Coffee Beans Last
How To Make A Mocha
Now that you know what a mocha is, you must be wondering to prepare the beverage. A mocha requires some primary ingredients and a few additional condiments for a delicious twist.
- Espresso Shot: For the perfect drink, you need a strong and flavorful shot of espresso. The shot needs to be packed with high caffeine and bitter hints. Make sure the espresso is made out of dark roasted Arabica beans.
- Dairy Product: You can use freshly steamed milk or milk foam for this step. The fresh ingredient will result in a better-tasting coffee. You can even use whipped cream. Any type of milk can be used. If you are vegan or just not a fan of regular milk, you can use almond milk or soy milk instead.
- Chocolate: This is the ingredient that gives the drink an exquisite taste and makes it stand out. You can use chocolate sauce or syrup.
- Cinnamon: Adding a cinnamon stick or powder will elevate your drink and give a nice twist to it.
- Marshmallow: You can never go wrong with chocolate and marshmallow! Serving your mocha with a few marshmallows will definitely impress your guests!
- Cocoa Powder: You can finish your drink off by dusting it with a bit of cocoa powder. Get creative and customize your drink however you want!
- Vanilla Extract: This will give your drink an even fancy taste and will enhance its flavor. Coffee and vanilla are a pair made in heaven!
Read Also: Cold Brew vs Iced Coffee
How To Prepare The Beverage
Step 1: Prepare your espresso shot with care. A Cuisinart coffee maker can come in handy for this step. Simply put your ground coffee and hot water in the machine and let it do its job. Make sure your brew is of the right consistency. The shot should have a strong and bitter flavor.
Step 2: Choose your favorite kind of milk. You can use almond milk, soy milk, or just your regular kind. Steam the milk properly, make sure it is frothy and creamy. You can add in a bit of vanilla extract if you are a fan of the fancy flavor!
Step 3: Put the espresso shot in your serving glass and carefully pour the steamed milk on top. Make sure the layers are separate. You can also use foamed milk for this step.
Step 4: Customize your drink however you want. A mocha needs to have a chocolaty flavor to it so add in anything you prefer. Pour chocolate syrup and decorate your drink. Chocolate sauce is also a good choice.
Step 5: You can add extra condiments to make your drink special. A bit of cocoa powder, a few marshmallows, or some chocolate shavings will give your drink a new dimension.
There you have it, your cup of a perfect mocha is ready to serve!
Read Also: Does Coffee Go Bad Overnight
What Is So Special About A Mocha
People often get confused between a latte and a mocha. But if you know what a mocha is, you are aware of its specialty. Latte is simply a mixture of espresso and milk.
Whereas, mocha has a chocolaty kick to it. Besides, a mocha is specifically made from Arabica beans but a latte can be made of any kind. If you are looking for a stronger caffeine flavor, mocha is your cup of coffee!
Read Also: Does Coffee Make You Short
A mocha is undoubtedly one of the most famous variations of coffee. The taste might vary due to different shops and brands but mocha at the core is just a delicious caffeinated drink with a chocolaty flavor.
It is a favorite drink of many people irrespective of age. If you are a fan of coffee and want to try out new drinks, a mocha is highly recommended for you!